I Helped You Sick Man
Posted in Honey on 02.23.06

I know I don’t spotlight blogs enough here, but the return of The Oak Room has got me all pumped. The Oak Room focuses on the Triangle music scene (to those of you not from North Carolina, that’s Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh) and had been on hiatus since September, but now he’s back for what hopefully becomes a regular Friday post.

Katherine Baker has one of the strongest, most assured voices I’ve heard. She’s backed quite wonderfully by Henry Johnson and his band who give this song a slow blues dirge. A wonderful for song for the ever changing weather we are having around here.

Katherine Baker – I Helped You Sick Man, When You Were Down And Out

By Oakroom Mark on 02.23.06 5:52 pm

Hey, Peter, thanks for the kind words. (How ’bout a link in the post?) Tomorrow’s post is looking good — there’s a super show at the Duke Coffeehouse featuring two local bands — Regina Hexaphone and the Strugglers — plus the Zincs and Edith Frost, so I’m previewing that.

By peter patnaik on 02.23.06 11:51 pm

that sounds like a great show, i think i’m going to see edith frost when she opens for the silver jews. who are the zincs?

i added the link, sorry about that.

By Oakroom Mark on 02.24.06 9:44 am

Who are the Zincs? A pretty cool Chicago-based group. See today’s post for a sample.

By Keleenvidge on 11.02.08 3:28 am

Test message
Sorry me noob…

By Max on 06.19.09 10:17 am

I totally agree with you

By Buhgalteriya on 08.11.09 7:12 am

!

1. ;
2. ;
3. ;
4. ;

!

. 8 (916) 711-95-54
e-mail: uslugibuhgaltera@gmail.com

By PsypePert on 10.01.09 5:48 pm

>>>Правда о вконтакте.ру<<<

Я бы общался вконтакте чаще но тупое добавление фоток, друзей, групп мягко говоря напрягает. Когда увидел рекламу на этот сайт подумал что какойто левак. Был не прав, признаю. Все что здесь обещают реально работает. Теперь мне не надо тратить время на формальности, я трачу его на дело ;)

>>>вконтакте.ру<<<

By Jeremiah on 05.16.13 5:21 pm

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes
it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.

Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
Excellent work!

By horny women on 11.17.15 4:29 am

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but
I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about
making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you
have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks